Focus: Industry secrets – the impact different camera angles, distance, and framing a shot (mise-en-scene) can make on your videos
What will you do? Write, direct, shoot and edit your own short film! Include film industry magic and use the camera like a pro with essential, core skills. See below for more information.
Ability level: Beginner – Intermediate. No previous course needs to be completed to attend this course.
Age range: Available for all TECH:CLUB age groups. The courses will begin with the assumption that the children are new to animation and then progress at differentiated speeds based on the age group of the club and the ability of each individual child.
When is it on?:
One live session daily for five days. Sessions last 60 minutes. We are currently taking bookings for the clubs detailed below.
7 – 9 Club: Mon – Fri, Feb 15th – 19th, @ 15:30
10 – 12 Club: Mon – Fri, Feb 15th – 19th, @ 15:30
Teen Club: Mon – Fri, Feb 15th – 19th, @ 17:00
Required device(s): Works on most devices – laptop/ desktop (Windows and Mac), iOS/ Android
- NAME: Adobe Rush
- COST: Free
- DETAILS: Windows and Mac versions come with three free exports – don’t complete any exports until you use it during TECH:CLUB
- Cocoon TECH:CLUB works best on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge
Camera Skills Learned
- How to frame a shot (mise-en-scene)
- Shooting the same thing in different ways creates different meaning
- Essential camera/ shooting techniques
- Fundamental camera angles and distances
- Storyboarding and shooting a movie with an understanding of the camera as a storytelling tool
Unique Learning Portal
- Personalised learning portals with live Tech Clubs
- Interactive motivation and rewards tool for parents
- Live and archived webinars, as well as over 2,000
resources available 24/7 - the learning never stops!
- Reach out to expert mentors at any time -
personalised support to guarantee unlimited growth!
- One safe place to come and learn all the skills needed to be a success in the modern world
Other Skills Learned
- Upload files to the cloud
- Share a cloud folder
- Create an ePortfolio
- Share project safely through the
cloud (with friends and family)
The Learning Journey
- For beginners and seasoned 'techies' - we scaffold the learning
- We'll help your child become great with technology
- The learning never stops - be an animator, a coder, or multimedia expert!