Focus: Solve some coding challenges and learn fundamental skills at the same time.
What will you do? Learn key coding skills and use them to solve some fun challenges. In this fun-filled hour, you will learn coding fundamentals, work at a fast pace (fully supported by us), and have lots of (you guessed it!) fun! See ‘Course Content’ below for more information.
Ability level: Beginner. No previous course needs to be completed to attend this course.
Age range: Available for all TECH:CLUB age groups. The courses will begin with the assumption that the children are new to animation and then progress at differentiated speeds based on the age group of the club and the ability of each individual child.
When is it on?:
Mini:Clubs are one-off sessions, they last 60 minutes. We are currently taking bookings for the clubs detailed below:
7 – 9 Club: Tuesday 24th November @ 15:30
10 – 12 Club: Tuesday 24th November @ 17:00
Teen Club: Wednesday 25th November @ 17:00
Required device(s): Scratch works on most devices
- NAME: Scratch
- COST: Free
- DETAILS: Scratch is a browser-based programme. Search for ‘Scratch programming’ on Google to test it on your computer
Operating System: Works on all operating systems that support up-to-date browsers
- Cocoon TECH:CLUB works best on Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge
- Scratch works on all browsers – ensure you have the most up-to-date version of your preferred browser.
Unique Learning Portal
- Personalised learning portals with live Tech Clubs
- Interactive motivation and rewards tool for parents
- Live and archived webinars, as well as over 2,000
resources available 24/7 - the learning never stops!
- Reach out to expert mentors at any time -
personalised support to guarantee unlimited growth!
- One safe place to come and learn all the skills needed to be a success in the modern world
Other Skills Learned
- Upload files to the cloud
- Share a cloud folder
- Create an ePortfolio
- Share project safely through the
cloud (with friends and family)
The Learning Journey
- For beginners and seasoned 'techies' - we scaffold the learning
- We'll help your child become great with technology
- The learning never stops - be an animator, a coder, or multimedia expert!